Today’s source of great music is the Pac-Man Championship Edition series. This is an audio companion to HG101’s Top47k Games: Episode 420 where we were invited to review Pac-Man CE DX+ with Xerxes and Bobinator!
Bandai Namco‘s Pac-Man has been a mainstay for over 40 years and this is Pac-Man with a twist. You have your ghosts, your pellets and your maze, but now the maze is split in half and it’s a frantic time attack with some excellent tunes to support up to 10 minutes of play at a time. The original Championship Edition launched in 2007, CE DX in 2010, the CE DX+ DLC in 2013, and the NES remake in 2020. We don’t cover CE 2 from 2016 but check that one out for some great music as well. The tunes are long and dance-y and we hope you enjoy them!
Composer for M2 not confirmed, but credits for the sound team are: Tatsuhiko Kasuga, Sakuoki Kudo
- 00:04 Entrance (DX) – Taku Inoue
- 04:32 PAC RAINBOW (DX) – Akitaka Tohyama
- 13:08 PAC MAN CE BGM (CE) – Junko Ozawa
- 29:39 PAC AVENUE (DX) – Taku Inoue
- 41:08 PAC STEP (DX+) – Taku Inoue
- 51:34 Normal Mode (CE NES) – M2 Sound Team
- 58:36 Extra Mode (CE NES) – M2 Sound Team
- 1:03:26 Results Screen (CE NES) – M2 Sound Team