Street Cleaner: The Video Game released for PC and Switch in 2021 is a classic 2D side-scroller inspired by NES action games like Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania and Sunsoft’s Batman. It was developed by Creaky Lantern Games, an indie game studio run by Jesse Bishop and Brooks Bishop (no relation). It is a very real game based on the fictional Street Cleaner 80s revenge film(s) on which Jesse based his artist name. In the game you take the role of Jack Slade whose mission is to clean up the mean streets of San Diego with your trusty bat and gun.
Today’s guest is Jesse, better known as Street Cleaner, a synthwave artist and video game music composer. Jesse has been producing synthwave for over a decade and in recent years his work has appeared in a number of games. Some of his projects include Wasteland 3, Hypergun, Exception and he recently had a track on Chex Quest HD! We had an absolute blast talking with Jesse about the game, the Street Cleaner project, Creaky Lantern Games, and life in general. As always, we hope you enjoy the show as much as we did!
All tracks composed by Jesse Bishop aka Street Cleaner unless otherwise stated
- 0:00:00 Stage 1 – Decaying City
- 0:09:32 Stage 1 – Boss Fight
- 0:16:12 Stage 2 – Courser
- 0:29:32 Stage 2 – Full Throttle
- 0:44:03 Full Throttle (studio arranged version)
- 0:51:20 Dark Pursuit
- Excerpt from the album Payback
- 0:59:52 Stage 3 – Revenger
- 1:03:03 Stage 3 – Turbo Drive (excerpt)
- 1:07:48 Untitled Spy Hunter track (PA Exclusive!)
- from an unreleased game concept by Creaky Lantern
- 1:16:17 Stage 5 – The Anvil
- 1:19:07 Stage 6 – An Unexamined Life
- 1:26:55 Terror Influx (feat. Aubrey Hodges)
- Excerpt from the album EDGE
- 1:32:50 Stage 7 – Kindling of a Flame
- 1:35:22 Stage 7 – Filling of a Vessel
- 1:44:00 Stage X – End Theme
- Creaky Lantern Games
- A Question of Character – Jack Slade – from our good friend Norm @NORMALLYRETRO!