Pixelated Audio is excited to bring Megan McDuffee into the studio to chat with us about her work for the recently released River City Girls!
River City Girls is a classic action beat-em-up with light RPG elements, building on the long legacy of the River City (or Kunio-Kun) games started by Technos in the 1980s. It was released September 5th, 2019 for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One and Steam and developed by WayForward Technologies with oversight and some publishing handled by Arc System Works.
Megan McDuffee has been making a name for herself in the music community as a synthwave vocalist and producer, electronic music composer and sound designer. She has worked on several games with River City Girls being her biggest game to date. Megan brings the heat to this soundtrack with high energy dance music, thrilling vocals, and crisp production work on over 50 tracks with her signature 80’s inspired synthpop sound.
Additional tracks in the game are provided by Chipzel, Dale North, NateWantsToBattle, and Cristina Vee, which can all be found on the full soundtrack. We hope you enjoy the music and this show as much as we do!
All music composed by Megan McDuffee unless otherwise stated
- 0:00:00 Lunch Money
- 0:09:00 Bully
- 0:14:51 Knock Out (remix of Jail Fight)
- 0:18:38 Jail Fight from Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-tachi no Banka, composed by Hitoshi Yamane
- 0:23:35 Detention
- 0:32:55 The Hunt
- 0:45:33 Don’t Give A…
- remix of Street Theme / Main Theme from River City Ransom, composed by Kazuo Sawa
- 0:57:23 Watch Your Back
- 1:01:15 Skull Crackin’
- 1:07:57 Yesterday (Unused) – PA Exclusive!
- 1:09:57 Tidal Wave
- 1:15:37 Boardwalk
- 1:19:53 Boss: Noize
- 1:27:25 Azukay
- 1:37:08 Manga 5
If you’d like to hear more work from Megan McDuffee, check out the links below!
- River City Girls Soundtrack – Link to purchase or stream
- Website, Twitter, Bandcamp
- Badass Ladies – Squashing The Gender Gap in Game Audio – Panel at MAGWest 1