We’re back to livestream for virtual MAGWest 2021, this time with composer and returning friend of the show, Chase Bethea! We talk with Chase about his music from games both released and upcoming, his process, as well as a short interactive audio demo, and some Q&A from the live chat.
Chase Bethea is a Composer & Technical Audio Designer that has received many accolades throughout his career. In 2016, Chase was nominated for Artists of the Year – Independent Composer by VGMO in the entire industry. In 2021, he won Best Original Soundtrack for the game AGROUND, from the NYX Game Awards. He has been a guest speaker at over 20 conferences/events such as PAX, GameSound Con, ADC, Berklee College of Music and Interactive Music Symposium. He has also appeared on other prominent game music podcasts like Level with Emily Reese and Sound of Play.
- 00:00 Evaluations – Stardander (Win, Linux)
- 04:23 Battle 3v3 – Questlike Pocket (Android)
- 09:33 Challenge Accepted – Reclaim Earth (Win, Mac, Linux)
- 19:56 King’s Port – Potions Please [interactive demo] (Android)
- 27:08 Wild Encounter – Aground (PS4, XB1, SWI, WIN, Mac, Linux)
- 36:35 Tater Bop – Jagaimo (TBD)
- 42:18 Trouble & Mystery – Stardander (Win, Linux)
- 46:54 Techtonic Showdown – “Project Bushido” (TBD)
- 58:51 Nexus Stratagem – Space Marmalade (Win)
- Stardander (demo) – full release Fall 2022
- Questlike Pocket
- Reclaim Earth
- Potions Please
- Space Marmalade